SPACES AND EXCHANGES 


Image result for the social network
In 2004, our communicating world changed entirely. With Facebook, getting in touch with fellow friends and family became easier, quicker and more fun. This new plateform made exchanges between people on other sides of the world more feasable. My document is the trailer of the film The Social Network released in 2010 and directed by David Fincher. It actually is adapted from Ben Mezrich's 2009 book The Accidental Billionaires: The Founding of Facebook. 
Indeed, the trailer shows that Facebook touches the notion of Spaces and Exhanges in a virtual way. Mark Zuckerberg and his college roomates fixed as a goal to "build a website that offers pictures, profiles" and "taking the entire social experience of college and putting it online". The whole concept of facebook was to create a virtual space ressembling reality where people can chat and create a sort of new life in a different world. 
However, Facebook to this day is being persecuted for being a dangerous world of appearances and for violating private property. During the video, a melodic cover of the song "Creep" by Radiohead is playing. The words of the song actually glue together with Facebook. Its lyrics are "I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul" "I want you to notice when I'm not around" "I wish I was special". Near the end of the video clip, the founder of Facebook is seen being charged with "intentionaly breaching security, violating copyrights and individual privacy". This is a consequence of wanting to create a new fake space on the internet. 

2 comments:

  1. ISABEL: Trailer of The Social Network movie
    INDIVIDUAL DOCUMENT:
    FORM: 8 /10 CONTENT: 5/10
    OVERALL MARK: 13/20
    A rather disappointing piece of work. Your personal contribution is very 'light' indeed.

    ReplyDelete